Hey, I'm Josh. I'm an Oklahoma based photographer specializing in relaxed, real life wedding and portrait photography. I love my job because its the perfect mix of art and relationships. This site is like a journal where I  post all of my recent work and life happenings so check back often to see what I've been up to. Have a great day!

joshbiopic
signature

new gear for a new season!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

So I pretty pumped about the additions I've been making to my bag for this upcoming wedding season. I shot most of last season with a D200 and the Nikon 17-55 2.8 and the Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR which was great! Especially compared to what I shot with before that! (a D70 with sloooow glass )
I decided it was time to upgrade our main camera body to the Nikon D300 which was just announced a couple months ago. This one has a completely new sensor and is far more sensitive to light than the D200. I can't believe how clean and sharp the files are straight out of the camera!

DSC_7628.jpg


But you can't just add a new camera body, we also added the Nikon 35-70 2.8 macro. This lens is a classic! It's one of the sharpest lenses Nikon has ever put out. I'm excited about all the macro (close up) detail shots I'll be able to get with this baby!


DSC_0043.jpg

I snapped a macro detail shot just to show ya what I'm so excited about...
DSC_0019.jpg

Nikon also has an awesome wireless flash system that we are aiming to take full advantage of this season. So we added the SB-800 to achieve all our fancy wireless dreams.
DSC_0042.jpg

With the wireless capability we can use all kinds of cool light modifiers to get dramatic results. I'm especially pumped about using this on all our upcoming bridal portraits.
DSC_0032.jpg

2 comments:

Mike said...

I have no idea what you're talking about. But I'm glad you're excited! :-)

Jaci Clark said...

Oh, I'm drooling over all that new equipment! Lucky dog!! Have fun with it! Can't wait to see some images from your new toys!

Cheers,
Jaci