Hey, I'm Josh. I'm an Oklahoma based photographer specializing in relaxed, real life wedding and portrait photography. I love my job because its the perfect mix of art and relationships. This site is like a journal where I  post all of my recent work and life happenings so check back often to see what I've been up to. Have a great day!

joshbiopic
signature

the new look is here!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

_MG_7230.jpg


G'mornin everyone! This is just a quick post to introduce phase 1 of what I've been calling the business makeover 08. As you can see there is a new layout here on the blog that features bigger photos and some other cool features that are still forthcoming in the next couple days. I have to give a shout out to Brian Hancock, our blog designer, for the awesome job he's done! There's a new logo too which I have a huge crush on. I actually tried designing my own logo for awhile but it just wasn't happening. There's a joke in the photographer's community about how we think we are graphic designers, it says "just because you can use photoshop, doesn't mean you should". I worked with Ashley Jankowsi from For The Love of Creating on the new logo. It was so refreshing to work with an artist who loves her job. Thanks Ashley! I also want to thank my wingman Caramel Zoch for the silly pictures of me here on the blog.
So I'm enjoying the changes and looking forward to the launch of the new website and our new custom stamped business cards very soon! I've also been getting alot of requests for those coffee mugs and key chains I mentioned : )
With all this work on top of weddings, I've been a little behind on blogging the past couple weeks so if you haven't seen your esession up here and wondering where it is, thats why. Katie and I are working really hard to keep up with the retouching on this seasons weddings.

In other news... we got to hear our baby's heartbeat yesterday at our appointment. It was the most incredible thing ever! The whole experience gets more profound each time we see the baby looking more like a person. This time we actually got to see little arms and legs kicking around. I've still got those images in my mind, I don't know if I want to wait another 4 weeks to see more! Katie has had a fairly easy pregnancy so far. She hasn't been sick much at all, just reeeally tired all the time. She goes back to school to teach 2nd graders in a couple weeks so that will be interesting! We both want to say thank you for all your prayers and sweet thoughts, we feel very loved! I better get back to work, have a great Wednesday!

thanks for reading,
tiny signature.jpg

3 comments:

/ todd scott ballje said...

we DO love you! and your blog. and your logo. and your scooter...we'll maybe not your scooter...it's not my type. it is cute though.

awesome to hear on the bebe! so cool isn't it? God, please give them a girl...2 Katie's is twice as good...2 Josh's...??? jk!

congrats on all the good stuff!

now I better get back to work to 1 up you! :)

/ todd scott ballje said...

oh, by the way...7:11am? I know you didn't get up that early. Were you up all night?

Anonymous said...

love the new look! the header is very nice!

I love your comment about how photographer's think they are graphic designers... too funny! I've encountered many bad examples of just that...