Hey, I'm Josh. I'm an Oklahoma based photographer specializing in relaxed, real life wedding and portrait photography. I love my job because its the perfect mix of art and relationships. This site is like a journal where I  post all of my recent work and life happenings so check back often to see what I've been up to. Have a great day!

joshbiopic
signature

got folk?

Thursday, May 8, 2008

I love it when people ask me what kind of music I listen to because I get to steal John's answer and say "I like folk rap, reggae folk, techno folk, folk metal, dance folk, flamenco folk, new age folk and many more variations of folk music." I love folk music.... Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger, Woody Guthrie, Joan Baez. I'm not sure why I like it so much, probably because it's political. However, there is one obvious flaw to having an iPod full of mellow music....my workouts are quite passive and commonly short. Anyway, on to the reason for this post....I got to hear some folk stylings this evening at my fave coffee house, the Red Cup. An OKC native, Danica Mercer was in town doing a set there tonight. Danica lives in Nashville now, and for good reason...she's quite talented. Danica and Katie go way back, she even graced us with her voice at our wedding 4 short years ago! Here's a couple snaps from her set. If you like folk or have any sense at all you should check out her stuff here

DSC_2480.jpg

my brain links this image with the affects of caffeine...not a healthy thing.
DSC_2474-Edit.jpg


DSC_2393-Edit.jpg


DSC_2363-Edit.jpg


DSC_2345-Edit.jpg


I mixed it up in Photoshop on a couple of these. It's not my normal look but it seemed more "folky"
Photo nerds...these were all shot with with my new D3 at ISO 1600 with the 70-200 and 14mm. That camera is amazing!
Great job tonight Danica, hope all goes well in Nashville!

peace,
signature-2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for coming, Josh! These are great, and I hope you had fun!

~Danica(your Nashville blog stalker)
danicafaith@gmail.com

Oh, and if you send me your snail mail address, I've got a little something for you and Katie.